Why do I need flood insurance if I already have homeowner’s insurance?

If you have a homeowner’s insurance policy in Stony Point, NY, you are protected from many kinds of disasters, such as fire or theft. In fact, a standard policy will protect you through several kinds of natural disasters. All of the perils your home is protected from will be listed in your insurance documents.

Unfortunately, one of the things your policy probably does not cover is flood damage. The only kind of insurance that protects you during a flood is flood insurance. You can purchase a separate policy to protect against flooding at Hudson Valley Insurance.

Do You Really Need Flood Insurance?

We believe in helping our clients choose the right insurance to meet their specific needs. We try to make sure you have all the necessary protection, without getting extras you don’t need, within your price range and with a deductible you find comfortable.

Flood insurance protects your home from damages caused by any type of flooding. The flooding doesn’t have to be from a nearby body of water but can include flooding from excessive raining, blocked storm drains, coastal surges, and the failure of a levee dam.

What Does Flood Insurance Cover?

Your flood protection will include damages to your actual house and property, your carpeting and other treatments, furniture, appliances, and other items you own. Because flooding could leave you temporarily homeless, you will also have provisions for putting you up during repairs.

If you live in Stony Point, NY, you may be particularly vulnerable to flooding. If you have questions about flood insurance or want to find a policy of your own, please call Hudson Valley Insurance today.